The terms of the Policy provided herein govern your use of any and all of the Applications and the information accessible on or from these Applications. The Policy also lays down how UTOPIAN may collect, use and share any information you provide. UTOPIAN reserves the right, at its discretion, to change, modify, add or remove portions of this Policy at any time. UTOPIAN recommends that you review this Policy periodically to ensure that you are aware of the current privacy practices.
Collection of Information
- I. UTOPIAN may collect the following two types of information:
- a. "Personal Information" which shall mean information which could reasonably be used to identify you personally, such as your name, email address, registration account details, physical address or other relevant personal details; and demographic information, such as gender, pin code or similar information. For the purpose of this policy, sensitive personal data or information has been considered as a part of Personal Information, which may include information such as password, financial information (details of bank account, credit card, debit card, or other payment instrument details).
b. "Non-Personal Information" which shall mean information that does not identify you or any other individual, and includes session, web beacons and usage data, log data and aggregate information. We use this information to inter-alia deliver our web pages to you upon request, to tailor our Application/website to the interests of our users, to measure traffic within our Application/website, to improve the Application/website quality, functionality and interactivity and let advertisers know the geographic locations from where our visitors come.
c. UTOPIAN may install cookies or other similar data collection software in your computer system/device for such purpose and you hereby consent to the same. We may use "cookies", beacons or similar electronic tools to collect information to assign each visitor a unique, random number as a User Identification (User ID) to understand the user's individual interests using the identified computer. Unless you voluntarily identify yourself (through registration, for example), we will have no way of knowing who you are, even if we assign a cookie to your computer. The only personal information a cookie can contain is information you supply. A cookie cannot read data off your hard drive. Our advertisers may also assign their own cookies to your browser (if you click on their ads), a process that we do not control.
- II. You represent that the information or data you provide from time to time is and shall be correct, current and updated and you have all the rights, permissions and consents to provide such information or data. Your providing the information or data and UTOPIAN’s consequent storage, collection, usage, transfer, access or processing of the same shall not be in violation of any third party agreement, laws, judgments, orders or decrees.
Use of Information
- You may need to provide UTOPIAN with your Personal Information while registering yourself on any of the Applications. The information so provided by you to UTOPIAN or otherwise captured by UTOPIAN may be used for a number of purposes connected with UTOPIAN’s business operations which may include the following:
- To identify you as a user in our system;
- To provide improved administration of our Site and Services;
- To provide the Services you request;
- To improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site and Services
- To send you e-mail notifications
- To send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Services and for other marketing purposes.
- Protect our services and our users
- Market and customer analysis, market research and statistics
- To prevent or detect fraud or abuse of our services as well as to prevent, detect and investigate potential unlawful or prohibited activities.
- Your Personal Information will be kept confidential to the maximum possible extent and will be used to support your relationship with UTOPIAN, to notify you of any updated information and new activities and other related functions offered by UTOPIAN. Any personally identifiable information provided by you will not be considered as sensitive if it is freely available and / or accessible in the public domain. Further, any comments, messages, blogs, scribbles etc. posted/uploaded/conveyed/communicated by users on the public sections of the Application becomes published content and is not considered personally identifiable information subject to this Policy.
- UTOPIAN may use Personal Information to verify whether you are entitled to access and use the Applications and the products and services made available through the Applications. This Personal Information may also be used to enable UTOPIAN to enhance your experience of the Applications.
- Further, with respect to Non-Personal Information automatically collected and stored in files, UTOPIAN uses this information to understand and analyse trends, to administer the Applications, to learn about user behaviour on the Applications, and to gather demographic information about the user base as a whole. UTOPIAN may use this information in its marketing and advertising services. UTOPIAN may also use such information to measure traffic patterns on the Applications. As Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, UTOPIAN may use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose.
- UTOPIAN does not sell or rent Personal Information. We may share your information with:
- Any subsidiary or affiliate of UTOPIAN, for the purpose in accordance with this Policy, as per clause 4 above.
- Our service providers and agents (including their sub-contractors) or third parties which process information on our behalf (e.g. internet service and platform providers, payment processing providers and those organizations we engage to help us send communications to you) so that they may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- Our partners that may help us to provide you with the applications, products, services and information you have requested or which we believe is of interest to you;
- Third parties used to facilitate payment transactions
- Regulators to meet our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- Law enforcement agencies so that they may detect or prevent crime or prosecute offenders.
- Your consent being part of the terms and conditions through which UTOPIAN provide you with a service. your consent to collecting Personal and Non-Personal Information may be implicit or implied or through course of conduct.
- Application may present display advertising and may collect data about traffic via Google Analytics or any equivalent analytical tool, Demographics and Interest Reporting.
Information Security and Storage
- We will take required technical and organizational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or manipulation of the information shared.
- We will store all the information so collected, on our secure password protected servers.
- You acknowledge the fact that data transmitted through internet is naturally prone to insecurity and we cannot guarantee the security of data shared over the internet.
- Your information or data will primarily be stored in electronic form. However, certain data can also be stored in physical form. UTOPIAN may store, collect, process and use your data in countries other than the Republic of India but under full compliance with applicable laws. UTOPIAN may enter into agreement with third parties (in or outside of India) to store your information or data. These third parties may have their own security standards to safeguard your information or data and UTOPIAN will on commercial reasonable basis require such third parties to adopt reasonable security standards to safeguard your information / data.
- Notwithstanding anything contained in this Policy or elsewhere, UTOPIAN shall not be held responsible for any loss, damage or misuse of your Personal Information, if such loss, damage or misuse is attributable to a Force Majeure Event. A "Force Majeure Event" shall mean any event that is beyond the reasonable control of UTOPIAN and shall include, without limitation, sabotage, fire, flood, explosion, acts of God, civil commotion, strikes or industrial action of any kind, riots, insurrection, war, acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorized access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, etc.
Third Party Websites, Applications and Services
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send us a detailed email at [email protected] and we will try to resolve your concerns.